I’m catching up on a couple of tagged blogs tonight. Not the blog I intended to write, but I can’t say no to a challenge so here’s a quick little reply to ‘The Anxious Dragon’. I’m flattered to have been noticed, and tagged, thank you very much. We love dragons in our house, especially of the ‘Toothless’ variety.
Here are the answers to the questions she assigned me…
1. What was your favourite children’s program when you were growing up?
As a child of the 80s I’d probably have to say She Ra. I wanted to be her. I still do a little bit to tell the truth.
2. Who was your first crush?
I think it could have been some 80s pin up, Jason Donovan or Rick Astley maybe? In all honestly I’m struggling to think of anyone…
3. What is your oddest fear/phobia?
Driving over bridges. It causes havoc with planning days out via the M25! In fact, we missed out on a day out to the zoo today as I couldn’t do the journey. Really should get that sorted!
4. What is your favourite smell and why?
Vinegar….I love anything, if its pickled! Mmmm. Working in a lab in the past meant acetic acid was a particular occupational hazard.
5. Do you prefer sweet or savoury snacks?
Definitely savoury, see above. Crisps, with pickles, the perfect combo.
6. How did you spend your 21st birthday?
Had a huge party, invited all my friends and family, danced, laughed, drank way too much. Ended up in a dodgy local nightclub.
7. what was your first job?
Saturday girl in a vets. Slave Labour; I was over worked and under paid. Put me off pursuing that career option!
8. Who is your favourite author?
No-one specifically, but my favourite book is ‘Beyond Coincidence’. A collection of crazy real life coincidences. I’ve read it so many times and never get bored. Actually, having just put the kids to bed I’ll say favourite single author; Julia Donaldson. (Singing Mermaid my personal fave!).
9. What song(s) do you sing on a karaoke night out?
I love karaeoke! I’m that one who is reluctant at first then hogs the mike all night from then on. It has to be an 80’s rock ballad…Nothings gonna stop us now, I want to know what love is, We built this city, Don’t stop believing…shall I go on?! Love me or hate me, I always have a fab night at karaeoke!!
10. Do you like Christmas?
Who doesn’t like Christmas?! I LOVE Christmas! In fact I bought my first Christmas presents today, fact. Someone once asked me why my mum had her Christmas decorations up in April. She didn’t – but my parents house has a Christmassy charm all year round. No one does Christmas like my Mum. Except, hopefully, one day me, for my own girls.
11. Whats the best piece of advice your mum/dad gave you?
To push, making an ‘Angry Birds’ face, during my first labour. It really worked! We didn’t plan for her to be there but it just kind of happened like that, and thank goodness for her being there. It was all a little scary to say the least and she was a rock to me, and Mr G.
So here’s my 11 questions, nominated to
- What are you best at?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- Where is your happy place?
- What’s your signature dish?
- How would your best friend describe you?
- What song would you like played at your funeral?! (Sorry, a little morbid?! But I love to think about how music sums up my life!)
- Whats your dream job?
- What do you hope to achieve from your blog?
- Whats under your bed?
- What one possession would you save from your burning home?
- You have an evening of ‘you time’….what do you do?
I’d love to read the answers to these questions from you guys, but I know these things can be a little time consuming, so no pressure!
Have a fab evening all