It’s fair to say my bed is my haven. King size, solid oak, smothered in a duck down duvet (all year round) and the place I can be found far too often snuggled up in, post 9pm. (We have been blessed with early risers). Whilst winter is all about the cosy, the warmth and the cuddles…I get pretty excited about the fresh luxury of a summer bed too. After all, there is nothing like the sensation of collapsing into a cloud of freshly laundered linen on a warm summers evening, windows wide open and a gentle evening breeze cooling down the heat of the day.
When it comes to design, for me, it always has to be botanical prints. The combination of high thread count cotton with clean whites and delicate patterns just oozes relaxation. There is something so serene about the herbivorous greens, combined with pretty florals in pinks, pastels and lilacs. Throw in a few birds or butterflies and the look is complete.
This season, the tropical look is all over the high street (and my clothes) and is reflected in some of my favourite home brand bedding ranges. Go wild with bright fuchsias and palm leaves to add a bold summer statement to your bedroom.
Yorkshire Linen asked me to round up my favourite summer bedding ranges this summer so here are some of my favourites available on the high street now…I’m tempted… #hidethebags
- Zara is always the place I start when looking for beautiful Linen…their range includes some high quality, stunning prints which I will be swooning over this summer.
- You’d be living in a cave if you hadn’t appreciated Marks and Spencers incredible home collection these days. Knowing you’ll always get a combination of style and substance, you can’t go wrong with a bit of Marks and Sparks. I have several sets from here and they always wash well, standing the test of time. I love this one available this season: clean, pretty and summery.
- For a huge selection of bedding at an affordable budget, try Yorkshire Linens duvet sets. Based in the UK and selling all sorts they also stock some breezy, summery styles perfect for a botanical themed bedroom. I love this one, the Eloise. Or, if you fancy something a bit more Club Tropicana, the Tropical set has more Wham than George Michael in some hotpants.
- For something a little more unique, try a site like Red Bubble who stock a range of digitally printed bedsets. I was drawn to this one, the Vintage Hipster Botanical Fern print Duvet. It’s so cool! Would look amazing in a warehouse conversion or a funky apartment…
- This set from Debenhams screams indulgence. How to do Botanical Bedding in a Boudoir style…Total luxe mixed with peacock blues and gold accessories. Gorgeous.
- Okay, last one…I could go on ALL DAY! This last one is from Freemans, and has a V&A Blythe print of meadow flowers with a distinctly British summer feel. Looking at this you can practically feel the breeze blowing over you. All it needs is me, collapsed into it, clean and bathed at the end of a fabulous Summers day. Perfect.
All of my picks can be found on my pinterest board: Botanical Bedding to Die for.