Welcome back to #CoolMumClub…it’s sooo good to be back to normal after a long and drawn out wet three week easter over here.
Like many of us, we’ve found it hard to carry on as normal this past week after hearing some devastating news from one of our longest standing linkers and pivotal members of this little community. As a tribute to Louise’s six year old Jessica (from Little Hearts Big Love blog) who lost her fight with a congenital heart defect this weekend, I’ve done what us bloggers know how to do. I’ve written, I’ve shared, I’ve stood with this community in grief, and I know it brings Louise and her family much comfort at such a sad time.
In honour of Jessica, I’ve dedicated the first post this week to her.
Over Easter I wrote a piece in conjunction with Bepanthen, walking down memory lane, or should I say the nappy aisle, as our nappy changing days have drawn to a close. Looking back we were such a pair of novices, but we learnt so much along the way. Together with Bepanthen, this post is a £50 John Lewis giveaway, (aka non guilt summer wardrobe purchase for you) so dive in; you gotta be in it to win it.
Last week, my fave was The Mum Conundrum with her post about Overwhelm, and what to do when it all gets too much. It’s all one massive rollercoaster and I can’t imagine any of us haven’t felt like this at some point!
Talya picked out another absolutely fabulous read by our very own Absolutely Prabulous who has recently celebrated a milestone birthday...a post that’s words have stayed with me for days and weeks after reading. Life lessons by Prabs, applicable to anyone feeling a bit ‘eek’ about turning any age…
And so, just like that it’s one last summer term left of the #CoolMumClub school year. Just two weeks away from our centenary linky and watch this space for something very special to mark the occasion…
The first rule of #coolmumclub is, there are
NO a few rules.
Link up party virgins, I’ve knocked up a post covering all you need to know – you can read it here.
- Join in with ONLY ONE POST please. All content is welcome; don’t get too hung up on being cool – this isn’t school 😉
- Coolmumclub is all about Thursdays…it runs 6am to 11.55 pm.
- If you like it then you should of put a badge on it. (to the tune of Beyonce, obv). !
- Share some blog love people…we all know the currency of blogging is comments, so pay your way. Share the ones you really dig on twitter, pinterest, facebook, google+.
- It’s always nice to drop a comment on the hosts post, as a little nod for hosting.
- Tweet Talya & I a #coolmumclub pointer to @mummuddlingthru & @motherhoodrealI and we will of course retweet you as best as our crazy children permit.
- We’re not the blog police…use your lovely #pblogger conscience and comment on what you can, I totally know what it’s like when you have one hand and three minutes; come back later if you need to? Bear in mind, the more you give, the more you receive.
Before you ask, nope, not Facebook…