Well hasn’t this week been a total melt-fest. (Yes, I’m watching Love Island and I’m rapidly backtracking on my inability to get used to the ‘new lot’ this series. #obsessed). It’s also been el scorchio here in the South East and as the temperatures have soared, so has the crazy ratings in the household with one self declared potty training tot and another going down with a bug (again). Plus every bloggers nightmare – a smashed phone aargh. Still, everything seems a bit brighter when the sun is shining eh?
This week I’m linking a post about the imminent 30 hours free childcare scheme here in the UK – What are your thoughts? Is it a massive help, or just too many hurdles to jump over to make it work? Here’s my ramblings on the subject, I’d love to know yours…
My second post is a round up of some beauty tips I’ve picked up on the old Mum circuit lately – lemons on knees and other random tricks of the trade. I’ve shown you mine, pleeease show me yours!
My fave post from last week was the oh so so honest post a whole load of you collaborated on with Mrs Mummy Harris; What they don’t tell you about your body once you’ve had a baby. So glad I didn’t get involved in this one otherwise I’d be waking up in the night sweating about what I had just shared on the internet…but I SALUTE all you ladies who did just that!
Talya, aka Motherhood: The real deal picked out The Parenting Jungle ‘How a cancer scare encouraged me to start blogging and how the second makes me think I should give it up’ a really remarkable and thought provoking post that like Jade, makes you question what it all is for…
Talya’s linked posts this week are Social media & children – how do we prepare them going forward & 12 tips for making travelling with children less stressful. Both of which I need to a serious read up on!
Have a blast hanging out together and make sure you stay cool in this heat 😉
The first rule of #coolmumclub is, there are
NO a few rules.
Link up party virgins, I’ve knocked up a post covering all you need to know – you can read it here.
- Join in with ONLY ONE POST please. All content is welcome; don’t get too hung up on being cool – this isn’t school 😉
- Coolmumclub is all about Thursdays…it runs 6am to 11.55 pm.
- If you like it then you should of put a badge on it. (to the tune of Beyonce, obv). !
- Share some blog love people…we all know the currency of blogging is comments, so pay your way. Share the ones you really dig on twitter, pinterest, facebook, google+.
- It’s always nice to drop a comment on the hosts post, as a little nod for hosting.
- Tweet Talya & I a #coolmumclub pointer to @mummuddlingthru & @motherhoodrealI and we will of course retweet you as best as our crazy children permit.
- We’re not the blog police…use your lovely #pblogger conscience and comment on what you can, I totally know what it’s like when you have one hand and three minutes; come back later if you need to? Bear in mind, the more you give, the more you receive.
Before you ask, nope, not Facebook…