This post was written and scheduled prior to the sad events in London yesterday. I hope you join me in continuing as normal but filled with even more love and positivity than yesterday; that’s the only way the bad guys don’t win. x
Oh man, what a week it’s been over here. Vom central. I’m cursing the day we ever asked why we would need a utility room… I may as well have moved in there this week. Apparently there are a fair few bugs doing the rounds so I wish you all well, and maybe I tempted fate with last weeks tongue in cheek guide to reccommended PPE for parenting. Oh yes, we could have done with some haz-mats here. On every. Single. Surface. Things are looking up though finally…just in time for a well deserved Mothers Day weekend of feet up.
So this week I’m linking with a bit of a feel good, sisterhood post about how you and I can make a difference to the Mums all around you in your community. Think the vibes of those women’s marches, and bring it home to your own street, your school, your community. Let’s get something started here, it’s called #NoMumLeftBehind.
I had scheduled a post all about the terrible twos, but seeing my little mouse so poorly this week I just couldn’t publish it! So watch this space for that one next week, and enjoy sharing a post about the shiz that goes down when An uninvited house guest comes to stay (aka the stomach bug).
My fav post last week was none other than the mighty Sunita, with Dealing with FOMO (Fear of missing out). This is something I think a lot of Mums struggle with, you know – whose doing what on facebook without you and all that…and it’s time to embrace the JOMO (That’s Joy of Missing out) and empower ourselves to say No, Thank you. I’m happy doing my own THANG.
My gorge co-host Talya, aka Motherhood: The real deal picked out The ever hilarious Claire off of Love Life and Dirty Dishes with her Parenting Badges of Honour. I definitely deserve a badge of honour this week and it would say ‘World record holder for number of laundry loads in 7 days’.
Talya’s linked posts this week are Blogging tips – how to increase your DA & An A-Z of why mums are awesome. Let’s start with one reason why Talya is awesome, and it’s because she knows all about DA (clue, it doesn’t stand for David Attenborough).
Right, have a cracking week you guys – ours can only get better! It’s Mother’s Day Sunday, as if you didn’t know! But just make sure the all important people being at your beckoning call all day know 😉
The first rule of #coolmumclub is, there are
NO a few rules.
Link up party virgins, I’ve knocked up a post covering all you need to know – you can read it here.
- Join in with ONLY ONE POST please. All content is welcome; don’t get too hung up on being cool – this isn’t school 😉
- Coolmumclub is all about Thursdays…it runs 6am to 11.55 pm.
- If you like it then you should of put a badge on it. (to the tune of Beyonce, obv). !
- Share some blog love people…we all know the currency of blogging is comments, so pay your way. Share the ones you really dig on twitter, pinterest, facebook, google+.
- It’s always nice to drop a comment on the hosts post, as a little nod for hosting.
- Tweet Talya & I a #coolmumclub pointer to @mummuddlingthru & @motherhoodrealI and we will of course retweet you as best as our crazy children permit.
- We’re not the blog police…use your lovely #pblogger conscience and comment on what you can, I totally know what it’s like when you have one hand and three minutes; come back later if you need to? Bear in mind, the more you give, the more you receive.
Before you ask, nope, not Facebook…