Hellooo! And so, just like that, we are on the brink of a half term break here at #coolmumclub. I swear these weeks are going by even quicker! By the time you read this post, I will be sobbing in a corner wondering if I’ve made a huge mistake…as we have decided this is the week the dummy is finally going to a better place. Watch this space for an update on how that hell is going, and if I’m weirdly awol this evening now you know why…
But anyway…this week I’ve been blogging away with gusto about various things including Kids that party hard (as featured on Mumsnet this Monday, #justsaying), lessons learnt two years on from our kitchen build, and Real superheroes can save the world (that’s you and I by the way). I’m linking up with the party one and the superhero one so would love it if you have time to pop by…
Last week, the linky went live right over the #timetotalk campaign, in which the global community highlighted the need to speak out about mental illness. In light of that, I picked the incredibly open and honest post by Jaki Jellz on what it’s like living with someone who has depression.
My gorge co-host Talya, aka Motherhood: The real deal picked out The Mum Projects post ‘Redefining what being a man means‘. It’s a total high five to the men who don’t fit the stereotypical mould, and actually questions what it really means nowadays to be a top bloke.
Talya’s linked posts this week are 10 common misconceptions made about mums & #Bloggerproblems: The real reasons why trolls bully.
So that’s all folks – you know what to do, and don’t forget it’ll be two weeks until the next linky! Enjoy the break!
The first rule of #coolmumclub is, there are
NO a few rules.
Link up party virgins, Becky over at cuddle fairy has written a legendary guide on whats what; you can read it here.
- Join in with ONLY ONE POST please. All content is welcome; don’t get too hung up on being cool – this isn’t school 😉
- Coolmumclub is all about Thursdays…it runs 6am to 11.55 pm.
- If you like it then you should of put a badge on it. (to the tune of Beyonce, obv). !
- Share some blog love people…we all know the currency of blogging is comments, so pay your way. Share the ones you really dig on twitter, pinterest, facebook, google+.
- It’s always nice to drop a comment on the hosts post, as a little nod for hosting.
- Tweet Talya & I a #coolmumclub pointer to @mummuddlingthru & @motherhoodrealI and we will of course retweet you as best as our crazy children permit.
- We’re not the blog police…use your lovely #pblogger conscience and comment on what you can, I totally know what it’s like when you have one hand and three minutes; come back later if you need to? Bear in mind, the more you give, the more you receive.
Before you ask, nope, not Facebook…