Hello #coolmumclub! Thanks for heading over for another week of cracking content, and a place to find some of the hottest bloggers around. Hope your weeks have all been peachy – this last week of January can be a bit of a drag but we’ll be sure to make you smile and forget there’s still a week till payday…
This monday I published a post that’s been on my ‘blog ideas’ list forever…a tribute to one of my icons, Ernest Shackleton. ‘The Ernest Shackleton guide to parenting’. If you’re wondering who the hell he is or why I’m waffling about a polar explorer from the 1900’s on my parenting blog, pop on over and find out why. You might even learn something…
My second linked post is one I’ve hesitated over writing, and hesitated over linking. But, in the interest of it reaching the one person who needs to read it, it’s there. I’d appreciate a social share if you’re happy to – reading posts like this meant so much to me three years ago, so I’m putting out there in the name of karma. ‘Losing our baby at 23 weeks’.
Last week there was one post which really resonated with me – Tales from Mamaville’s ‘Oh cruel January detox’ was echoing my exact feelings…is anyone else as skint as me, as desperate for a vino (dry Jan 26 days AND COUNTING) and longing for some warmer school run mornings!
My gorge co-host Talya, aka Motherhood: The real deal picked out a post on a topic we can all relate to: My Mummy spam with ‘Worry about your womb not mine‘. Every time I read one of these I berate myself for getting on the wagon…it’s just so easily done. #MyBad. Thanks for the reminder to curb the small talk and mind my own.
Right crew, have an ace weekend…see you next Thursday!
The first rule of #coolmumclub is, there are
NO a few rules.
Link up party virgins, Becky over at cuddle fairy has written a legendary guide on whats what; you can read it here.
- Join in with ONLY ONE POST please. All content is welcome; don’t get too hung up on being cool – this isn’t school 😉
- Coolmumclub is all about Thursdays…it runs 6am to 11.55 pm.
- If you like it then you should of put a badge on it. (to the tune of Beyonce, obv). !
- Share some blog love people…we all know the currency of blogging is comments, so pay your way. Share the ones you really dig on twitter, pinterest, facebook, google+.
- It’s always nice to drop a comment on the hosts post, as a little nod for hosting.
- Tweet Talya & I a #coolmumclub pointer to @mummuddlingthru & @motherhoodrealI and we will of course retweet you as best as our crazy children permit.
- We’re not the blog police…use your lovely #pblogger conscience and comment on what you can, I totally know what it’s like when you have one hand and three minutes; come back later if you need to? Bear in mind, the more you give, the more you receive.
Before you ask, nope, not Facebook…