Hello #coolmumclub! It’s THURSDAY so let’s cut to the chase and do this! Newbies? Check out the guide below…or just stay a while and have a mooch around the cracking posts linked underneath this blurb.
I’m linking up this week two new posts… ‘Turning into my Mum‘ (but it’s okay because she’s pretty awesome)
and The little white lies of parenthood, a bit of a daft look at the porkie pies we feed to our gullible smalls.
My featured post from last week goes to JakiJellz with ‘I love my life’. Turns out she’s got a big thing for Robbie, but more importantly, what I loved about this is the goosebumps I got when reading it. I totally get that feeling when I hear certain songs, or music that takes me back to a special moment and it becomes part of what I like to think as the soundtrack of my life. Songs the kids loved when they were little, the tunes topping the chart the year we got married (and therefore featured heavily in the pre-wedding parties), sixth form common room mix tapes, school run classics I sang along to with my Mum, girls holiday dance tracks, and epic festival finales. They all hold a special place and conjour up exactly those emotions Jaki describes here…a song can say so much.
Talya aka Motherhood: The real deal picked out an AMAZING post by TammyMum…The sea of lost mothers. In fact had I read it it quite possibly would have been my fave too (we split the reading 50:50 if you hadn’t already realised that…). I caught up on it later and nearly hugged the screen. Hello Tammy. I’m in that sea treading water right alongside you. Let me know when you find the answer…
Right peeps, have a blast and see you next week for more #coolmumclub magic. Don’t forget you can find us all day every day over on instagram using the #coolmumclub hashtag...
The first rule of #coolmumclub is, there are
NO a few rules.
Link up party virgins, Becky over at cuddle fairy has written a legendary guide on whats what; you can read it here.
- Join in with ONLY ONE POST please. All content is welcome; don’t get too hung up on being cool – this isn’t school 😉
- Coolmumclub is all about Thursdays…it runs 6am to 11.55 pm.
- If you like it then you should of put a badge on it. (to the tune of Beyonce, obv). !
- Share some blog love people…we all know the currency of blogging is comments, so pay your way. Share the ones you really dig on twitter, pinterest, facebook, google+.
- It’s always nice to drop a comment on the hosts post, as a little nod for hosting.
- Tweet Talya & I a #coolmumclub pointer to @mummuddlingthru & @motherhoodrealI and we will of course retweet you as best as our crazy children permit.
- We’re not the blog police…use your lovely #pblogger conscience and comment on what you can, I totally know what it’s like when you have one hand and three minutes; come back later if you need to? Bear in mind, the more you give, the more you receive.
Before you ask, nope, not Facebook…