So here we are…the first #coolmumclub linky of 2017. The fifty second edition since launch. The third year in which we have spread a little #coolmumclub love into your lives since we began waaay back in 2015. Mad.
Looks as though you all had pretty epic Chrimbos – as we have of course been keeping a beady eye on all you die hard #coolmumclubbers over on Instagram. Still loving the hashtag, and we appreciate every single one of your copy and pasted tags of coolness. I hope you caught the December highlights amidst all the Christmas chaos!
If you are totally new to all this and wondering what the hell I’m talking about, and what the hell is a linky anyway here it is in a left-over-Christmas-nut shell: A linky is a post in which bloggers can add a link to their own posts, so other folk can have a read. Comes with a cost of reading & commenting on a few back, and adding a badge. Voila. Non bloggers, you just found a shortcut to a heap load of awesome bloggers and their latest posts.
So I’m kick starting with a new post; 101 things to do with a child free morning. Sorry, I don’t mean to brag, but this year sees the beginning of a small slice of me time back. Well deserved, and in our opinion for the best to all involved!
My second linked post is one from last year, which I reckon could still deserve a little love. The Weirdness of Blogging. Because sometimes, just sometimes, it all feels a bit…strange.
My fave post from that oh so distant last link up of 2016 was Coffee & Bubbles – the lovely Hattie’s post ‘Missing the child you never had’ was so touching, and it stayed with me a little. The best posts do that don’t they?
My co-host with the most Talya, aka Motherhood: The real deal picked out Three square meals, the start of my recovery by Mumbelievable. Ursulas remarkable story of strength and courage really touched me – in fact it was almost my fave too.
Can’t wait to see what you all get up to in 2017! I have no doubt it will be inspiring, supportive to each other and filled with happy times. Bring it on.
The first rule of #coolmumclub is, there are
NO a few rules.
Link up party virgins, Becky over at cuddle fairy has written a legendary guide on whats what; you can read it here.
- Join in with ONLY ONE POST please. All content is welcome; don’t get too hung up on being cool – this isn’t school 😉
- Coolmumclub is all about Thursdays…it runs 6am to 11.55 pm.
- If you like it then you should of put a badge on it. (to the tune of Beyonce, obv). !
- Share some blog love people…we all know the currency of blogging is comments, so pay your way. Share the ones you really dig on twitter, pinterest, facebook, google+.
- It’s always nice to drop a comment on the hosts post, as a little nod for hosting.
- Tweet Talya & I a #coolmumclub pointer to @mummuddlingthru & @motherhoodrealI and we will of course retweet you as best as our crazy children permit.
- We’re not the blog police…use your lovely #pblogger conscience and comment on what you can, I totally know what it’s like when you have one hand and three minutes; come back later if you need to? Bear in mind, the more you give, the more you receive.
Before you ask, nope, not Facebook…