It’s so good to be back in the thick of #coolmumclub. Last week was a little post-Summer reunion and your linked posts were like a mid-week catch up with friends over a vino in the local pub. Well, sot of, just without the vino. Or pub.
If you’re new to #coolmumclub, welcome! This is a hangout for parents looking to read posts, articles, poems and guides about everything parenty, with a little bit of an edgy side. Stay a while, say hello and share the love using the #coolmumclub hashtag on social media.
This week I’m excited to be linking up a party idea based on my kids end of Summer shindig. Partly for the Mums, partly for the kiddos, and partly just for the hell of it. Who needs an excuse to party? If you have a summer birthday kiddo, this just might be one to pin to your birthday party ideas board in your brain: How to host an epic FESTIVAL THEMED kids party.
Meet the members is still Rollin’, this week featuring #coolmumclubs superstar DJ Sunita aka Lucky Things blog. I’m a big fan of Sunitas blog but her insta-feed is also one to watch, packed out with bold colours, striking shots and basically cool stuff.
I really, really struggled to pick my favourite last week. Maybe it was the warmth of seeing you all again, or the emotional rollercoaster of starting school, but I was a bit emosh reading your posts.
Strong candidates included an exciting comeback from an old friend (Hooks & Dragons), a poignant message from a fellow lover of the chubby cheek munching (yeah, I’m talking about you Gumdrops & T B ), or The ID thieves with a hilariously honest self-bashing over a cheesy photo moment.
In the end, I’m awarding the prestigious prize of, erm basically bugger all other than a big mention, to Kaye Hello Archie with her Month in Instasnaps from September – Kaye is an incredibly talented photographer and her captures beautifully portrayed the transformation of her bump to an adorable, squishy newborn baby boy. Sending warmest congratulations Kaye – and thank you for allowing us all along on your journey. It seems like yesterday you posted those announcement pictures…
Talya chose Gumdrops & the bear’s ‘We don’t own our children, they’re on loan’ last week as her fave, and who can blame her because quite frankly, it was lovely.
So that’s all from me for now folks…enjoy & see you next week! Laters.
The first rule of #coolmumclub is, there are
NO a few rules.
Link up party virgins, Becky over at cuddle fairy has written a legendary guide on whats what; you can read it here.
- Join in with ONLY ONE POST please. All content is welcome; don’t get too hung up on being cool – this isn’t school 😉
- Coolmumclub is all about Thursdays…it runs 6am to 11.55 pm.
- If you like it then you should of put a badge on it. (to the tune of Beyonce, obv). !
- Share some blog love people…we all know the currency of blogging is comments, so pay your way. Share the ones you really dig on twitter, pinterest, facebook, google+.
- It’s always nice to drop a comment on the hosts post, as a little nod for hosting.
- Tweet Talya & I a #coolmumclub pointer to @mummuddlingthru & @motherhoodrealI and we will of course retweet you as best as our crazy children permit.
- We’re not the blog police…use your lovely #pblogger conscience and comment on what you can, I totally know what it’s like when you have one hand and three minutes; come back later if you need to? Bear in mind, the more you give, the more you receive.
Before you ask, nope, not Facebook…