Aaaarghh it’s a bitter sweet Thursday for #CoolMumClub! It’s our last link up until after the summer holidays, as usual Talya and I are going to be popping our host duties on hold as we straddle summer with the kids and have to minimise blogging commitments. Of course who doesn’t love a bit of a rest from usual duties, so whilst we’ll miss you all, we’ll also be living our best summer lives and will be right back before you know it, refreshed and raring to go.
This week my first post is ‘Where did everybody go? The changing landscape of life as a SAHM’. Of course it applies to all parent shapes and sizes, and it’s a post analysing just how quickly the surroundings and circumstances around you change as a stay at home parent. In the next school year it’s all change all change again and I have no idea where we’ll be in another twelve months.
My second post is a bit of a farewell ballad, a nod to the summer that lays ahead of us, memories waiting to be made. Rules of summer includes of course a distinct lack of #CoolMumClub, but if you read on, you’ll understand…
My favourite post from last week goes to Old House In The Shires with her ‘First Born Child; moments in time’. I suppose at this time of year as we all reach milestones of new beginnings and goodbyes, it’s important to think about each chapter as a positive, and not dwell on what is lost. The perfect post for all of us sobbing into our teachers gift bags.
Talya picked out my post twin! Bubba Blue and Me and her beautiful Cotswold lavender fields… ahhh so beautiful!
Queen T is linking up with a double bubble of brilliance as always so be sure to check out her last posts of the ‘school year’:
The first rule of #coolmumclub is, there are
NO a few rules.
Link up party virgins, I’ve knocked up a post covering all you need to know – you can read it here.
- Join in with ONLY ONE POST please. All content is welcome; don’t get too hung up on being cool – this isn’t school 😉
- Coolmumclub is all about Thursdays…it runs 6am to 11.55 pm.
- If you like it then you should of put a badge on it. (to the tune of Beyonce, obv). !
- Share some blog love people…we all know the currency of blogging is comments, so pay your way. Share the ones you really dig on twitter, pinterest, facebook, google+.
- It’s always nice to drop a comment on the hosts post, as a little nod for hosting.
- Tweet Talya & I a #coolmumclub pointer to @mummuddlingthru & @motherhoodrealI and we will of course retweet you as best as our crazy children permit.
- We’re not the blog police…use your lovely #pblogger conscience and comment on what you can, I totally know what it’s like when you have one hand and three minutes; come back later if you need to? Bear in mind, the more you give, the more you receive.
Before you ask, nope, not Facebook…