#CoolMumClub A Go Go! How’s summer term panning out for you all? Hope you have all got your summer swag on, sports day ready, school trip tastic and ice lollies after school! Those not quite there yet, enjoy my friends, your time will come!
Sorry to be all doom and gloom, but this week I had to get a few bits off my chest! Despite being super passionate and proud of my blog, I have to say, sometimes the weight of it all can feel like a total uphill struggle. Like any self employed worker, but with the added weirdness of blogging, I just had to let it all out in this post: The disillusioned moments of blogging.
My second post was something I was asked to write to support VSO Internationals #FutureFoundations project to build a maternal waiting home in Ethiopia. As it turned out, writing a letter to my Pregnant self was an emotional one that I hadn’t prepared myself for – it also highlighted the plight of pregnant women in the third world to me more than ever, as I imagined facing a high risk pregnancy without the support of the NHS that we have here in the UK.
My favourite post last week was Claire Life Love and Dirty Dishes with ‘What’s natural about parenting?’. So many of us feel so much pressure to have it all sorted when that first baby arrives – or the second or third for that matter, but Claire has set the matter straight in the way she does best, with humour, honesty and a lot of sense!
Meanwhile, Talya chose Moonsomnia with Instagram does not a blogger make – a fabulous read for anyone doubting their ability to thrive on any given platform, and comparing themselves to others. For me, the issue is facebook does not a blogger make, but I have learnt to embrace the JOMO! A great read.
Talya is linking up this week with A special letter to my daughter on her 5th birthday & 15 ways we can all be more childlike (and why we should be). Can’t wait to read them….
Right-O you lot – you know the score but don’t forget the subtle rules below (one post guys!), and if anyone is even reading this bit, thanks ha ha – I know the score 😉
The first rule of #coolmumclub is, there are
NO a few rules.
Link up party virgins, I’ve knocked up a post covering all you need to know – you can read it here.
- Join in with ONLY ONE POST please. All content is welcome; don’t get too hung up on being cool – this isn’t school 😉
- Coolmumclub is all about Thursdays…it runs 6am to 11.55 pm.
- If you like it then you should of put a badge on it. (to the tune of Beyonce, obv). !
- Share some blog love people…we all know the currency of blogging is comments, so pay your way. Share the ones you really dig on twitter, pinterest, facebook, google+.
- It’s always nice to drop a comment on the hosts post, as a little nod for hosting.
- Tweet Talya & I a #coolmumclub pointer to @mummuddlingthru & @motherhoodrealI and we will of course retweet you as best as our crazy children permit.
- We’re not the blog police…use your lovely #pblogger conscience and comment on what you can, I totally know what it’s like when you have one hand and three minutes; come back later if you need to? Bear in mind, the more you give, the more you receive.
Before you ask, nope, not Facebook…