Muslins. A Mums best friend? (Or was that Merlot?…) Either way, I reckon between us we could come up with 101 uses for the little raggy squares, do you?
I’ll kick start this off- please reply in the comments with your crazy and ingenious functionalities for the fabric scraps we cannot live without. Also share this post, tweeting me (@mummuddlingthru) and Lil Cubs (@LilCubsClothing).
Tabitha from Lil’ Cubs and I will choose a favourite each in 7 days time, and will send two of you a gorgeous pack of Lil’ Cubs patterned Muslins. Who said Muslins had to be a scuzzy off white?!…
That’s it. Simples. No rafflecopter. No techy stuff. Just a fun comment in the box, and a bit of social sharing. Go Go Go!
- Mopping up the milk drool. Obviously, has to be their primary function right?
- Mopping up milk on the way back up. Unpleasant, but true.
- Bottle insulator. Ever wrapped up a feed in a Muzzie to keep it cool / warm? Kinda works.
- Temporary cot sheet. Those newbie babies spit up quite a lot. I figured washing muslins had to be easier than washing sheets?! Did you work that one out?
- Comforter. LOADS of kids I know are rarely spotted without dragging a raggy old Muslin behind them. Cute.
- Window cleaner. Non fibre shedding. The perfect fabric to clean the smears off the glass. Try it!
- Play park drying device. It’s rained, what else could you dry the swing & slide with?
- Sun shade. The umbrellas are pretty useless. Muslins work so much better.
- Toddler table cloth. Cleaner than a table for sure.
- Steaming a Christmas pud. The original use for muslin fabric. What a perfectly festive fact for this time of year.
- Bib. Picture the scene: Italian restaurant, new baby outfit (white, obv), Spag Bol. I was sure there was a bib in this bag?!
- Dribble bib. We aren’t getting through another soaked top today. Step in super-muz.
- Tea towel. Muslin over one shoulder, tea towel over the other. Glamorous? No. Interchangeable? Apparently.
- Anonymity mask. More one for the celeb world, think MJ…
- Shepherds headdress. Another seasonal gem.
- Blanket. Summer, obviously. Not sure it’d cut it as a January snuggler, but perfect for those roasting summer naps.
Over to you lovely people…
MMT has not been compensated in any way for this post. You get the free stuff this time, not me. I’m just giving a leg up to a Mum of two, like me, with a dream. A dream which I happen to believe in….