#COOLMUMCLUB! Come in and know me better man! (Another Muppets Christmas Carol reference, in case it went over your head). How’s everyone getting on with the carnage of December? I want to know all about it and I’m guessing we’ll have a fair few festive posts flowing this week. With just two weeks to go it’s all getting a little bit cray-cray in the G-unit, but in the absolutely best advent-chocolate-fuelled-novelty-jumper-wearing way!
We posted the #coolmumclub instagram round ups for November this week, which I’m sure you caught on our blogs. Keep tagging away and show us your baubles all December – we’ll be tagging away as normal over the inevitable blog break as Christmas is all about sharing right?
I’m dropping in my own festive contribution this week with a ramble about why this is a Christmas first for us…Pop by and let me know your advice for nailing a perfect family Christmas without a seasoned parent on board to hold the reigns… It’s in the singing of a street corner choir.
My second linked post is a total change of tone. It’s a piece about why parenting can be such a headache at times. My experience of the rough with the smooth. Because I want to hold my hands up and say ‘I don’t always have this thing nailed’. I’m pretty certain I’m not alone here…’Parenting through the good days, and the bad’.
My favourite post last week came from ‘And Other Idiots’ with her guide to Appalling Christmas traditions that we just might recognise. Because even at Christmas, we can all smile at someone else’s imperfection (and see it mirrors our own useless selves).
Talya’s linked posts this week are A guide to Instagram hashtag communities for parent bloggers & The honest parent blog: Why I tell it how it is on the blog.
The first rule of #coolmumclub is, there are
NO a few rules.
Link up party virgins, Becky over at cuddle fairy has written a legendary guide on whats what; you can read it here.
- Join in with ONLY ONE POST please. All content is welcome; don’t get too hung up on being cool – this isn’t school 😉
- #coolmumclub is all about Thursdays…it runs 6am to 11.55 pm.
- If you like it then you should of put a badge on it. (to the tune of Beyonce, obv). !
- Share some blog love people…we all know the currency of blogging is comments, so pay your way. Share the ones you really dig on twitter, pinterest, facebook, google+.
- It’s always nice to drop a comment on the hosts post, as a little nod for hosting.
- Tweet Talya & I a #coolmumclub pointer to @mummuddlingthru & @motherhoodrealI and we will of course retweet you as best as our crazy children permit.
- We’re not the blog police…use your lovely #pblogger conscience and comment on what you can, I totally know what it’s like when you have one hand and three minutes; come back later if you need to? Bear in mind, the more you give, the more you receive.
Before you ask, nope, not Facebook…