Hi peeps…we’re back after a little half term break – how was yours? We can’t wait to read all about it! Here at HQ it was heavenly to have a little rest from the new found pain of the school run, after school activities and the grind of it all. Hey ho, one term down only another 21 years of it to go…
In all honesty, it was so lovely to have Tigs back with us for not one but two weeks. Yes that’s 14 days of undisturbed pyjama wearing. (If only, you only need to pop by my instagram feed to see we have been down at the pumpkin field with the rest of parent-kind this half term). Her company these days is less like parenting, more like hanging out with a little buddy, I’m going to miss her on Monday!
Can I get a huge WHOOP WHOOP…Meet The Members is back with an awesome entry from Ursula off of Mumbelievable. I felt quite emosh reading her submission – what an incredible and inspirational lady. Check it out here and see why she’s so damn spesh.
My second linked post is the very first #coolmumclub Instagram community roundup, with my four favourite picks from October. It’s a mixed bag; the perfect shots along with the ones that keep it real. It’s not all about honing your fine artistic photography (filter use), but about catching those simple joys of parenthood. (Note, not Motherhood, right Tim :-)). Anyway, if you’ve missed it in October, head over and get involved this month.
The coveted award of ‘Sarah’s favourite post’ from the last linky goes to none other than Sunita and her Lucky Things blog with Inspire: Seven things I learnt from Melanie C. Yes, Melanie, you can consider yourself an honorary member of the #coolmumclub. A total icon, matured and with so much life experience to pass on, this was a brilliant read. #GirlCrush
Talya, aka Motherhood: The real deal picked out another excellent piece of writing, by The butterfly Mother: Honest Mums vs Perfect Mums. I also loved this one Talya…and as Laura says, do we need a little more reality in our reality TV?
Talya’s linked posts this week are 10 things I didn’t think I’d be as a mum & How to move your toddler from a cot to a bed. The latter I could have done with reading when we made ‘the move’ a few weeks back!
It’s good to be back gang…on the homeward straight now to the next big milestone so I expect to start seeing the C-bomb appearing in the linked posts pretty soon!
The first rule of #coolmumclub is, there are
NO a few rules.
Link up party virgins, Becky over at cuddle fairy has written a legendary guide on whats what; you can read it here.
- Join in with ONLY ONE POST please. All content is welcome; don’t get too hung up on being cool – this isn’t school 😉
- Coolmumclub is all about Thursdays…it runs 6am to 11.55 pm.
- If you like it then you should of put a badge on it. (to the tune of Beyonce, obv). !
- Share some blog love people…we all know the currency of blogging is comments, so pay your way. Share the ones you really dig on twitter, pinterest, facebook, google+.
- It’s always nice to drop a comment on the hosts post, as a little nod for hosting.
- Tweet Talya & I a #coolmumclub pointer to @mummuddlingthru & @motherhoodrealI and we will of course retweet you as best as our crazy children permit.
- We’re not the blog police…use your lovely #pblogger conscience and comment on what you can, I totally know what it’s like when you have one hand and three minutes; come back later if you need to? Bear in mind, the more you give, the more you receive.
Before you ask, nope, not Facebook…